Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mother's Day - A Time To Play With Duct Tape!


Mother’s Day is upon us!!! On this Sunday, May 13 we will all get out the cards, flowers and gifts to give to the most important woman in our life . . .  our mother. But what really is a mother? For many we consider our mother to be the one who gave birth to us, raised us from the time we were born and loves us our whole lives. For others it may be that special woman that has been such an influence in our life. A mother is someone who shelters and guides us through those obstacles that stand in our paths. She is the one to set us free to explore the world prepared with the knowledge to make it through life. She is generous. She is loving. She is our mother. Every second Sunday in May the celebration of mothers and motherhood begins. But what to give her runs through our minds. We all can buy those commercially made cards and gifts and give her that beautiful bouquet of flowers but what if you want to give something special and unique showing our love for this wondrous woman. The answer, ‘Make it yourself!!!’

                Walking through Home Depot the other day my mind started to ramble about Mother’s Day. Usually Home Depot is the place to shop for my dad with his obsession with tools. But my mom is not a hardware tool junkie like my dad and I. She likes pretty and colorful things.  A power drill just wouldn’t do the trick. What could Home Depot offer that could make my mom happy? Like on automatic pilot it’s off to the gardening section to buy flowers once again but something colorful hit’s my eye. What was that beautiful array of colors on that rack I just passed? Backing up I see duct tape!!! To me duct tape is usually that gray sticky stuff that you can never remove after you’ve used it. But there was a great array of colors now and ideas started to flow into my head. What could I ‘make’ my mother with duct tape? I bought some and went home to do a search. There are alot of how to's out there. DuckBrand.com even has a club dedicated to the crafters out there that have an obsession with duct tape. The possibilities are endless! From purses to clothes to bouquets of flowers duct tape is the way to go if you want to give your mom something she won’t expect.  I might be known as Duct Tape Daughter for a while but at least it will be different. Let's start duct taping!!!! Here are some great ideas some people had:







`
 HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOTHER'S OUT THERE!!!!

No comments: