Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies stuffed with an Oreo

About 3 weeks ago I saw a post about this recipe on facebook. Etsy had shared a new cookie. Here's the link, click here A cookie that has a hidden surprise. It has an OREO cookie inside, cool! Someone came up with a cool way to do an old thing. Taking it to the next level. It's what us modern crafters do. I wanted to attempt this recipe, cuz it is such a COOL idea and try it out, so here goes!!

Here's what you need:
Oven
Mixer
Bowls
Cookie Sheet
Parchment Paper
Double Stuff Oreos
Chocolate Chips, 12 oz.

Ok here's the recipe. I used Nestle Chocolate Cookie recipe:

2 cups of Flour
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of baking soda
Mix these together in their own bowl

1 cup of Butter (two sticks)
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
Mix these together, once they are combined, slowly add in the flour mixture.
Mix in the chocolate chips.

Put the mix in the fridge and let it harden.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

This was the most successful batch

For each cookie, make a ball that is the width of the cookie and gently press it down, being careful to not crush the oreo. And make a pancake flat dough piece for the oreo to sit on. I didn't cover the sides, I let the cookie melt down the sides, and it actually looked like the cookies on the other sites. Hmmmm... I wonder how many cookies they made before they took their pics. I placed them on the pan like how they look in the pic directly above.

Bake for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown.
Bake on Parchment paper, it's easier clean up and it lifts of the paper nice.

Let them cool before moving them.

Only bake about 6 at a time, cuz the dough spreads out. And don't expect to get it right on your first try. I had to do several different mini batches to figure it out. See below.. I took some pictures of the examples, that the other blogs didn't mention. I'm sure that they omitted their mistakes to make it look easy. It's easy, but they didn't give these tips! I had to figure them out myself! Have fun with this baking project. I had a great time with it!

Till the next time, Happy Baking! Svea. Belle Pepper Couture


Oreo cookies and some chocolates. Yum.


Here's the cookie dough before cooking..



First Attempt at making the cookies:
Too much cookie dough, it looks like a sombrero.

Do not put as much dough as they show on other blogs!!!

This is better, less cookie dough.

Final Cookie, it could use a few more mins cooking and it will be perfect. ;-)

2 comments:

Amy said...

holy bejesus. I made this after I saw the recipe on an etsy post on facebook...and ate them all in one sitting. DELISH! I searched google and found them on your blog! Hope you don't mind but I linked it to my blog to share the sweet love. f

Svea K said...

Cool! I loved how they tasted too! It makes me smile that my sharing made you share too. ;-)