Welcome to the Saturday Night Special Edition of the Craft Mafia Blog giving you the scoop on tomorrow's crafty events at the North Park Festival of the Arts!
We'll be having a Scavenger Hunt Project where you have to find the parts to make it, supplies for you to make a small fan to keep cool tomorrow, and several demonstrations and projects happening in our lounge throughout the day.
Here are the Scavenger Hunt supplies you'll be finding at five different booths tomorrow to make the Emergency Repair Kit or Mini Wallet. You'll pick up instructions at the Craft Lounge and get a bag to keep your supplies in while you search. You'll be finding the following parts: the outer felt, the inner felt pieces, the ribbon, the notions kit (needle/thread/pins), and the felt stickers to decorate it. The instructions will include how to make a mini wallet or emergency sewing kit, and we'll be there if you need help.
There are only 25 kits, so be sure to get there early to get yours!
Once you complete your project, show it to the Mafia Mavens
and we'll give you a ticket for our raffle!
The Line Up
Here's our crafty event schedule!
- 11 AM Make a Kindle Cover from and Old Book with Lindsay (Supplies $2)
- 12 PM Puppet Talk and Demo with Julie from The Marie Hitchcock Puppet Theater
- 1 PM Fashion Show on the Main Stage
- 2 PM Meet and greet artist Pat Downing from the new MakerPlace
- 3 PM Image Transfer Demo with Ingred Chamberlin
- 4 PM Make a Steampunk bookmark with Becky
- 5 PM Make a Chainmaille Stretchy Ring with Robin (Supplies $2-$5)
- 5:45 PM Last Raffle of the Day for all the unclaimed prizes!
The raffle will be held hourly starting at 11 AM for different prize packages. All hourly prizes must be claimed by 5:30 PM; at 5:45 PM all remaining prizes will go to the first winner drawn who is present to collect them! Tickets will be given to the first 25 people to come to the craft lounge, for completing a make and take project, and for making a purchase of $5 or more from our vendors.
Just added to the prize packages are some goodies from local author Lisa Kessler featuring her new paranormal romance novel Night Walker. Check out Mr. Hot Abs on the cover--