Scraps of Green, Sock Yarn
Row 1: K8, ssk, k2tog, k8.
Row 5: K6, ssk, k2tog, k6.
Row 7: K5, ssk, k2tog, k5.
Row 9: k4:ssk, k2tog, k4
Row 10: Ssk, BO to last 2 sts (you’ll still have one st on the RH needle as well), ssk, BO remaining sts.
1. Use a heatproof surface such as a ceramic tile to rest heat tool on between applications and while cooling. Set slightly away from work area to prevent burns.
2. Move button to ON position and hold button down to heat. Press tip on tissue or paper. When ready, a scorched spot will appear.
3. Hold tool straight up and touch top of embellishment. Hard pressure is not needed, heat will melt glue. Too much pressure will cause tip to slip and burn your knitted piece!
4. Allow tool to heat up again if laid down or finger is removed from button.
- Hot glue or sew a pin to the back, and wear it as a "Don't Pinch Me" brooch.
- Use a little Tacky Glue to paste it on a card front, for a one-of-a-kind St. Patty's Day greeting.
- Use as an applique by hand tacking or using decorative embroidery to sew your "shams" onto a tote bag, pillow, t-shirt, onsie, and more!
- Make neck garland by knitting a whole slew of shamrocks and attaching them to a long piece of ribbon or crochet chain. See my Love Rocks garland for inspiration.